Below are volunteer opportunities available this April / May
Please use the checklist below or email email@example.com to let us know how you'd like to help out.
1. Canvass in Guelph
Here are the details for upcoming Canvass events:
save the date! May 4 - details to be announced
2. Tabling at the Guelph Farmer's Market
Enjoy the vibrant and exciting atmosphere of the 180 year old Guelph traditional meeting place!
Wellington Water Watchers has a fun and busy table at the Market where we provide critical and timely information to our friends, neighbours, new supporters and the broader community.
In the upcoming weeks, we will be focussing on:
- Expanding the Greenbelt to include source water in Wellington County, and
- Promoting our Waterstock festival in June.
Guelph Farmer’s Market: Saturdays, 7 am-12 pm
Please email arlene.slocombe@gmail.
3. Social Media Volunteer: YouTube AccountAre you looking to add to your resume, gain experience using social media and volunteer in the environmental non-profit world?
Wellington Water Watchers, a non-profit organization dedicated to the protection, restoration and conservation of drinking water in Guelph and Wellington County, is looking for a social media volunteer to create a branded YouTube channel, including uploading old content, and making the videos searchable and branded. This position would require approximately 10-15 hours of initial work plus 1-2 hours a week for maintenance during our spring campaigns (2017). This is a flexible position and you can set your own volunteer hours. This is also a great opportunity to expand your skills and be mentored. Check out our Facebook and Twitter.
Note: This is an unpaid internship.
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension.
• A friendly attitude with a knack for creativity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills.
• An interest in water issues across Canada, but specifically in Guelph and
• An eye for design.
• The ability to work independently and you are a self-starter.
• Your own computer and internet access.
• Create and brand a new YouTube channel for Wellington Water Watchers, which
may include a Google+ profile.
• Upload archived and current videos to our channel including keywords,
hyperlinks and branding to our campaigns.
• Stay current with YouTube’s capabilities and its relations to Google.
• High school diploma required.
• Social media experience including but not limited to YouTube, Google+,
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Knowledge of social media management tool, Hootsuite (or willingness to learn).
NICE TO HAVE:
• An English, Communications or Marketing-related degree (or other
volunteer/work experience) is preferred, but not a must-have.
• Knowledge or interest in learning graphic design programs.
• Understanding of SEOs
How to Apply
If this is you, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 14,
2017, by midnight and let us know more about yourself with a resume and a brief onepage
description of why you would be the perfect fit. Don’t forget to highlight your own
social media accounts.
4. Administrative Volunteer
We have an immediate need for an administrative volunteer to help on Wednesday or Friday on an ongoing regular basis.
If you have strong computer, organizational and written communication skills, we could really use your help!
Please contact Arlene Slocombe for more information or to volunteer! email@example.com
5. Volunteer at Public Events
There are many events at which Wellington Water Watchers will be tabling to help spread our message that Water is for Life, Not for Profit. We are currently enjoying unprecedented media coverage and it is more important than ever to maintain a strong presence in our community.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Video Production Volunteer
Do you have experience making informational videos? If so, we need your help!
Wellington Water Watchers is producing an informational video that will provide an overview of why ground water is under threat in Wellington County and why we must Stop Nestle here.
The video will be under 5 minutes in length. The format will be primarily a narrated speech by a presenter. We need help inserting titles, graphics and other editing assistance.
We are looking for someone with video editing skills, software and equipment.
Please contact Catherine Killen for more information or to volunteer! ckillen1 (at) gmail.com